Friday, August 8, 2008

Team USA

Sun 7/27 - Mom dressed my in pink carnival ruffles dress for church; unfortunately, I was so good that no one else got to see it as I stayed in my car seat sleeping the whole time. We went afterwards to lunch at Las Palapas, then Dad had to work all day on some crazy project. So, Mom and I took the opportunity to hang out by the pool, eating watermelon.









































The next day, I hung out during the day with Mom (in my tiara)and spent the evening with Grandma Patty & Grandaddy Bo and their friends, Lloyd & Wilma Kimberlin. Later in the week, Mom dressed me up in leggings; can you say Flashdance and that Lily's a maniac, maniac....." Also, Mom's friend from high school, Alecia, came to see me and really loved on me a whole lot. Dad came home a bit earlier than normal; he has had a long few days and he fell asleep on the couch while we were watching a movie. We went to Community Group that night and then came home and went to bed.
































I got to spend a lot of the time later in the week at Grammy's house. My cousins, Cody, Cara, and Camilla, were here and as Aunt Rachel calls it, we had some FFF, forced family fun. Camilla is only 2 weeks older than me, although we originally had the same due date. Mom tried to get us together for pictures, and we both screamed the first day but cooperated with our matching shirts the second day. On Friday morning, I got to go to breakfast with Mom & Dad and I stole the show with our waitress. On Friday night, everyone was at Grammy's house for dinner and then Mom & Dad went out swimming. A bit later, Grammy took me over to the window and I had this sad face and then had a meltdown, so it was time for mom to get out and take me home. Too much fun for two days.














































Last Saturday, Dad did some lawn work while I hung out with Mom in the morning. After Dad finished, he had some things to do on the computer, while Mom had to do some things outside of the house. Normally, what this would mean would be that when he has things to do, I don't cooperate. But, he put me down for a nap around 12:45, and he had to wake me up 2 1/2 hours later for me to eat. I wanted him to get things done. That evening, Mom & Dad had an evening out so it was back down to Tobin Hill for time with Grandma Patty and Granddad Bo. Then on Sunday, we had a lazy day at home, Dad took a long nap and then went to the gym for a run. Then, we stayed home that evening and watched the Cardinals game. I went to bed so I missed out on the design TV Super Bowl, with the finale of Design Star on HGTV.





This past Monday, Mom spent most of Monday playing dress up with me; check out all the cute outfits that I wore between 9:40 AM and 10:10 AM. When you see how great these outfits and how really really really incredibly good looking I am in them, can you blame my Mom? On Tuesday, Mom had her first full day at the store today; I spent the whole day with Grammy. She took me up to Bless Your Heart in the afternoon and then back to my house for the remainder of my day. Dad was home a bit later than normal, but he read to me from the Star Wars chronology book about the beginning of the Old Republic and how the Jedi got started; I will look forward to continuing through that reading.......not.



















Wednesday, I spent the day with Mom, we went to the gym and I spent some time in the Kids Zone. We headed to Community Group that night, and I was a bit fussy but ultimately fell asleep. Everyone was shocked when I showed up because Mom had actually let me leave the house without a bow. Yesterday was a busy day for me, as Mom was back at Bless Your Heart for part of the morning. I spent the morning with Grammy over at my house. Mom picked me up and then we went to see Hannah and her mom, Brittany. I took a bit of a nap over there but still had time to do a fashion show with Hannah in the matching princess outfits that Mom bought for us. I went with Mom and Grammy that evening over to Cherie's house for a Southern Living party; Dad was glad to sit that one out. Mom and I wore matching leopard-print outfits. I don't mind saying that we looked really good.




Today, 8-8-08, the Olympics begin. Mom dressed me up in Americana and I've been singing Lee Greenwood's 'Proud to be an American' all day: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RssIN3ustUw
We are having all the family over tonight for an Opening Ceremonies party and to see if Chairman Mao Tse-tung will be lighting the Olympic torch.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Of course we can't blame your mom, Lily! You are the baby doll, paper doll, living doll, and cutest baby ever - one that any grandma or mama would just want to play with and dress up all the time. All of your outfits are so lilybellish which (if you look it up in the dictionary) means adorably cute. I love you so much!