Saturday, July 26, 2008

Three Months Old


I started my week with some exercise on Monday morning with mom's friend Robi and my friend Rix. After the walk, I was just sitting there smiling at Rix and he would come crawling over at me. I spent some time at home in the afternoon with Mom (she made me have tummy time--which I don't like--so Dad wouldn't get on to her) and then Dad came by and I hung out with him a bit while Mom was out at Weight Watchers and the grocery store. Tuesday was a busy day but an important day as I turned 3 months (time has flown). I headed out with Mom to meet Dad and his friends Lyndsey & Marina for lunch at Panera. They were one of the first EY work visitors to come see me and so I was quite glad to see them again. After lunch, we stopped by Grammy's house for a few minutes, and then we went to do a weight check. I tipped the scales at 14 pounds, 7 ounces. Later that day, Dad got out the tape measure and checked me in at 24.5 inches. Based on one of the Internet sites out there, I am in the 84th percentile for weight and 76th percentile for height (I was at 90th percentile in both at 2 months). So, slowing down my growth a bit, but still very healthy. Later that afternoon, I went with Grammy and Pepar to go get Aunt Rachel from the airport after her big birthday week in NYC (also, she was 'so Hamptons' as well, with a visit to Long Island). We stopped by and had dinner at On the Border after we left the airport, and then I came home and went to bed.

















(With this being my three-month birthday, it was also time to lightsaber measure me: the one on the left is me last month, right is this week)






















Wednesday was not a good day for me. I was excited to have the day to visit with Aunt Susan and her mom, Aunt Diane. Mom dressed me up all in pink (shocking, I know). I had just seen Susan a couple of weeks ago when Mom got her hair cut, and now Mom and Grammy were heading up there to visit Susan as she just had knee surgery and would be out of commission for a few weeks. Diane was all nervous while we were there because the big hurricane (Dolly) had just rustled through her home in the Valley. But, although it was a fun day, I was having a fussy fussy day. I did not take one good nap all day, so Mom let me skip Community Group, and Dad came home and we all hung out together and I got back on schedule a little bit. Thursday, Mom took it easy with me and we stayed home most of the day. Grammy came by to visit for a few minutes. Dad was home for another dinner with us, but when I got home I was in the midst of watching Baby Einstein (I already love those things), and even though there was about 30 minutes where Dad sat there and was talking with me, I was too drawn to the TV (not a good sign, Mom says, because that is how Dad is when she is trying to talk to him) to even look at him. I just love it when Mom lets me sleep on the ottoman and watch TV before bed (or really any time of the day). After dinner, Dad gave me a bath and then it was off the dreamland.

















Yesterday, I did not get to see Dad at all. Mom took me and ran for the Mexican border - although it was to stop in Laredo and visit Courtney & Avery Davis. Avery was born June 20, and mom and Courtney are good friends, and now Avery and I will be friends. However, we will have to wait until the next visit to commence our bond of friendship. When we got to Laredo, I had slept in the car the whole time and it was time to eat, so even though Avery was awake then, I was busy eating and then Avery went down for a nap so we didn't get to hang out together. Then, I went for a nap while she was awake, and vice versa for the rest of the day. Finally, they just threw me in the crib while Avery was sleeping so we could at least get a picture of us together (see below); thankfully, I am a bit more coordinated than I was the last time they laid me next to a baby and I didn't kick with my legs or swing with my arms and cause the other baby to start crying. We headed home and Dad was hanging out with the Community Group at night, but I had too much activity for the day, so I just went home with mom and had to go to bed. Dad came home a bit later.








This morning, I woke up happy and ready for a big day. Unfortunately, Dad had a huge project come up at work, so even though this was a bit of a fussy week for me and Mom could have used the moral support, Dad had to go in today. Mom actually had to wake me up today I was sleeping so well. I was awake as Dad was coming home from the gym, and I finished me breakfast and then sat with Mom & Dad while they had their french toast breakfast. Dad left us to head into work, so I spent a couple of hours at home with Mom, but then Mom had to go to the gym and run some errands so I hung out all day with Grammy and Pepar. I was so good over there, sleeping for like 3 hours. Grammy read some books to me, and then I played some poker online with Pepar. I've already got a pretty good poker face. Dad picked me up as he was headed home from work and then we went to Ernst & Young Family Day. It was real fun. I got to enjoy Dad's victory on the Kinetisoro team in the volleyball tournament. To this victors went the spoils of a troophy about twice the size of me. I got to be held the entire time (I never get that long in mama's arms - both mama and I love it).












By the way, I hoped you enjoy the pictures on the blog of me in my Cardinals outfit. Dad has since updated that post and removed any reference to the Cards; there is still a cut picture of us in our Cards gear but no discussion on how good they are doing. Since we were bragging about how surprised we were at their progress, they have had a terrible week, swept by Milwaukee for four straight games, including three games in which the bullpen lost the game for them, then a blowout loss versus the Mets last night. And tonight, there are up 4-0 after first inning, up 8-5 in the middle of the 6th and then 8-7 entering the bottom of the ninth and let the Mets tie-out and I'm sure they'll be winning it shortly. So, I guess it was good that they dressed me in the Cards' gear last weekend, while they were still in the race, so at least I got to wear the outfit once when it still mattered. But, Dad didn't expect anything this year from them, so it is one more time wearing the Cards gear than we thought we'd get.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures, especially the poker one.