I have had a nice week here at home. On Wednesday, I got to spend some more time with mom and Grammie (formerly known as Grandma Dranselka). During the day mom took me on a ride to the lactation center at the hospital. I continue to buff up. Me & mom seem to really be getting this feeding down. I am now up to 7 pounds and 14 ounces, just 5 ounces away from birth weight. If I can get there by next Tuesday, then I am right on track with where I need to be. Mom seems so proud of me.
Afterwards, I just hung out with Grammie while mama slept the afternoon away. My friends, Jeff, Robi, and Rix White all came over on Wednesday evening to bring food for mom & dad. Dad was amazed at how huge little Rix was, but I think that his perspective is quite messed up at this point after holding onto little me for so long.
It was time for me to get out on my own on Wednesday. I think mom & dad are getting a bit exhausted with their lack of sleep so they allowed me the opportunity to fall asleep in my crib (and on my own) for the first time. I seem to be just a little peanut there inside that thing, but it sure is a cute bed. I've been staring at the brightly colored bumper pad while laying there. I can tell mom put a lot of thought into my crib and this room and Dad sure was nice to let mom do what she wanted to do with decorating that room. I did really good on sleeping that first night, making it all the way through the night, and letting mom & dad get some good rest. I like to sniffle, breathe heavily, and make other types of snorting noises while sleeping, and I think they are still a bit jumpy for me. So, this arrangement lets all of us win with having a good night of rest. I know mom & dad will come get me if that is needed.
Thursday, in the late morning, Uncle Roy came by (my grannie's uncle). I let him hold me, and he is such a sweet man, and really seemed to enjoy seeing me. He told my mom & dad that my birth was quite a mountaintop experience, and I think he seemed to really think it was a nice experience to get to see and hold me.
Then, I got to have my first pizza party. Dad came home with his work friends from the Clear Channel team - Jessi, Marina, Lyndsey, Joey, and Ernie. They were all quite excited to see me. They passed me around, although my friend Marina did not seem to want to share me too well. Jessi offered to babysit for mom & dad, if needed. I was asleep the whole time, but I did hear them having their pizza party. I hear mom & dad tell me that they like to eat a lot of pizza, so that will be the first pizza of many that I get to witness.
Thursday night, dad had to stay late at work, boo......:( But, then we got to have our Thursday ritual of watching The Office (Stanely: "Did I stutter?") and 30 Rock. We all fell asleep. Mom & Dad got delayed a bit in waking up to feed me, but I got up at 2:30 and 5:30 to eat. In that later feeding, Dad fed me a bottle while we watched the news to get caught up on the events of the day.
Today was a big day, lots of activity and another big step for us. I got to meet my good friend, Wimberly Hockart, today (she's only 16 months older than me). Her mom, Elizabeth, had not yet seen me, and was over with Aunt Sylvia & Jenny to visit with Mom. We had a good time together. Wimberly likes to love on Norman. She kept saying his name over and over again, and then say "Meow". Wimberly did have some drama of her own as she was playing with Norman's water, but then spilled it on the floor, slipped on it, and hit her head. I think she really wasn't hurt; she just wanted me to feel better and not be the only crying in the house today.
After the girls left, mom went back to the hospital. It was time for my follow-up PKU test. I got the first heel prick on my first full night and this was the follow-up. I certainly did not like it very much, but I did get a nice bandage on my heel. We came home and then Emily Dye came back to see me, with her mom. The big step for us today was that both mom & dad left me for the first time. They had a "date night" up at the church building with the Mentoring Moms program. They told me that they didn't do too well at the newlywed game. I was not very much at peace while here with Grammie. But, she said that she loved every minute and that I could cry for 3 hours and she wouldn't be bothered. I know Mom & Dad were really glad to get home and see me. They are both very tired but seem like they are really enjoying getting to know me and their roles as parents.
Afterwards, I just hung out with Grammie while mama slept the afternoon away. My friends, Jeff, Robi, and Rix White all came over on Wednesday evening to bring food for mom & dad. Dad was amazed at how huge little Rix was, but I think that his perspective is quite messed up at this point after holding onto little me for so long.
It was time for me to get out on my own on Wednesday. I think mom & dad are getting a bit exhausted with their lack of sleep so they allowed me the opportunity to fall asleep in my crib (and on my own) for the first time. I seem to be just a little peanut there inside that thing, but it sure is a cute bed. I've been staring at the brightly colored bumper pad while laying there. I can tell mom put a lot of thought into my crib and this room and Dad sure was nice to let mom do what she wanted to do with decorating that room. I did really good on sleeping that first night, making it all the way through the night, and letting mom & dad get some good rest. I like to sniffle, breathe heavily, and make other types of snorting noises while sleeping, and I think they are still a bit jumpy for me. So, this arrangement lets all of us win with having a good night of rest. I know mom & dad will come get me if that is needed.
Thursday, in the late morning, Uncle Roy came by (my grannie's uncle). I let him hold me, and he is such a sweet man, and really seemed to enjoy seeing me. He told my mom & dad that my birth was quite a mountaintop experience, and I think he seemed to really think it was a nice experience to get to see and hold me.
Then, I got to have my first pizza party. Dad came home with his work friends from the Clear Channel team - Jessi, Marina, Lyndsey, Joey, and Ernie. They were all quite excited to see me. They passed me around, although my friend Marina did not seem to want to share me too well. Jessi offered to babysit for mom & dad, if needed. I was asleep the whole time, but I did hear them having their pizza party. I hear mom & dad tell me that they like to eat a lot of pizza, so that will be the first pizza of many that I get to witness.Thursday night, dad had to stay late at work, boo......:( But, then we got to have our Thursday ritual of watching The Office (Stanely: "Did I stutter?") and 30 Rock. We all fell asleep. Mom & Dad got delayed a bit in waking up to feed me, but I got up at 2:30 and 5:30 to eat. In that later feeding, Dad fed me a bottle while we watched the news to get caught up on the events of the day.
Today was a big day, lots of activity and another big step for us. I got to meet my good friend, Wimberly Hockart, today (she's only 16 months older than me). Her mom, Elizabeth, had not yet seen me, and was over with Aunt Sylvia & Jenny to visit with Mom. We had a good time together. Wimberly likes to love on Norman. She kept saying his name over and over again, and then say "Meow". Wimberly did have some drama of her own as she was playing with Norman's water, but then spilled it on the floor, slipped on it, and hit her head. I think she really wasn't hurt; she just wanted me to feel better and not be the only crying in the house today.
After the girls left, mom went back to the hospital. It was time for my follow-up PKU test. I got the first heel prick on my first full night and this was the follow-up. I certainly did not like it very much, but I did get a nice bandage on my heel. We came home and then Emily Dye came back to see me, with her mom. The big step for us today was that both mom & dad left me for the first time. They had a "date night" up at the church building with the Mentoring Moms program. They told me that they didn't do too well at the newlywed game. I was not very much at peace while here with Grammie. But, she said that she loved every minute and that I could cry for 3 hours and she wouldn't be bothered. I know Mom & Dad were really glad to get home and see me. They are both very tired but seem like they are really enjoying getting to know me and their roles as parents.
2 comments:
With that title all I can think of is that red haired model dancing all provocatively on the car hood, was that Europe? Can't think of the name of the band, do you guys know?
Anyway, thanks again for the updates, so fun, love to hear what's going on! She is SOOO cute, just like her folks!
Love you guys!
Syl
Wow, you've have been busy. It feels like Lily has been here a lot longer than she has.
I'm staring at my calendar thinking surely it's been longer than 2wks? Is that right?
Post a Comment