Well, we just got back from a fun weekened going to the Star Wars concert. Excellent production, I'm sure the idea started with just another money grab (and it was), but I was glad to have paid it. There was a 3-story screen and a full orchestra playing the music from all the movies with scenes shown to correspond to the music. Anthony Daniels was there to narrate the whole ordeal. After awhile, the music sounded so good, it was easy to forget that it was a live orchestra and not pre-recorded music. Katy even enjoyed it, especially when we had the carbonite freezing scene, and she heard Leia say, "I love you," and Han replied, "I know." At intermission we found Betty and Judy and they pointed us out to the row in front of them (10th row front & center on the floor) that was empty so we watched the second half from there. I did do my splurge and get the $30 program. Probably not necessary but what else have I splurged on with Star Wars?
Katy and I made a weekend of it and stayed downtown (Zoe and Lily were downtown with Papi and Patty); we had drinks at Zinc's, dinner at Boudro's, and dessert at TX Land & Cattle. Then, we took some Tylenol PM and had a long, uninterrupted by babies night of sleep.
The weekend was made even more relaxing by my spending the day alone with the girls on Friday. Katy was at Market and with us having sent the girls to the grandparents Monday through Thursday and going downtown over the weekend, I felt I needed to stay home, and it was mostly fun. They did drive me to some vino with my lunch, but that was ok. Zoe is going through this weird stage where she is not able to sit down once she pulls up and is in a standing position. So, she will roll over in her crib after we lay her on her back, push up onto her belly, and then stand up holding onto the rails. Then, she will not know how to get down and start wailing. I went in 3 times during her morning nap on Friday before letting her cry for 40 minutes and finally just getting her up with a skipped nap; it didn't bother Lily, at least, because Friday was National Doughnut Day and Belinda came over to take her to Krispy Kreme.
Lily's current thing is to say "My Beatia" when she needs her blanket to comfort her. Sometimes, she gets upset when the blanket is in her hand, but since she wants some comfort, she will throw it on the ground, and then cry out, "My Beatia" until we get it for her. We're going to have to find a way to put a stop to that move. She is getting really fun and expressive with her verbal interaction. If someone is not home, she'll say, "Mama go?" or "Papi go?" It has been really fun to ask her question and she will think for a minute and then say "Ummmm" and then try to answer. I like asking her about church or something related and she will say "Jesus" (but the 'Je' sounds like the 'che' in cheese).
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment