Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Sweet Potato






























I was back in today at Dr. Rodriguez' office for a check-up and more shots (boo!). The last of my shots until I am one year old. Mom told me today that before I have to get more shots, I get a princess birthday party. So, I'll take that deal. I checked in today on the scales at 17 pounds, 7 ounces and 26 1/4 inches. Dr. Rodriguez says I am right on track, at the 75th percentile for both height & weight. Way to go, me! It is sad, but as you can see below, Mom even dressed me up for the doctor's office. Dad had to work late tonight, but Mom gave me some naked time after my bath tonight. I love having that diaper off me for a few minutes each day!















After the check-up today, I spent the rest of the day at Grammy's house. Mom came over for dinner. This past weekend was fun. Dad did an early morning run on Saturday and then he came home and Mom had to go to her Bless Your Heart event (Shop Ole'). I went up mid-afternoon and got to see Mom & Dad's friends from the old church group at Oak Hills (Reba & Celeste). Dad helped to pack up the place so I stayed at home with Grandma Patty and Granddad Bo (they came to my house this time). Sunday was a lazy day around the house. I was especially cute in my church outfit (red & black Scottie attire) so Mom let me stay out with her. I wouldn't fall asleep so we went to the cry room. I took a good nap when we got home and then hung out with Dad for a bit in the afternoon (he hastened to put me down for a nap because he too was tired). After Mom got home, we played outside and I got to sit on a blanket in the back yard (it is nice to have the weather cooler and not be so hot and unbearable).
















Yesterday, I spent the day, as usual downtown. It has not been a good year for the Aggies, but with their victory this weekend, I was dressed up in my Aggie dress for the trip downtown. I had gotten an extra day downtown as well on Friday as Mom had to work most of the day.




















My big development for the weekend was that I graduated on my eating to having sweet potatoes. I didn't do too well with the rice cereal, but Mom says I am doing great with the sweet potato. I am starting to get it down, how to eat with a spoon. It is a lot messier now to feed me (and the after-feeding change), but I am extremely happy to have some variety in my meals.




















Also, a big deal.....I rolled over for the first time. It wasn't deliberate, but I was laying on the bed, while Dad was folding laundry. He had me on my belly, and then he turned around after a minute or so and I was on my back. Mom and Dad had been worried that my development was stunted somehow because I didn't want to roll over but I am fine just chilling on my belly or back (wherever they want to put me). I am sitting up really well on my own, so what's the fuss all about?

(This picture below also lets you see my pierced ears.)















Another big thing this week was that I showed more of an ability to be able to play by myself. Mom and Dad have taken to giving me "play pen time" and letting me in the Pack-N-Play with toys. I am able to show a rare ability to be social with others, while also enjoying my time alone with myself. The socialness may changes in the next 3 months but I am glad to have a bit of dad in me (in being able to play on my own) and then also of mom (of being social and talking to others).




1 comment:

Nancy in Wonderland said...

Lily is just adorable and the pierced ears are fabulous! I was saying hello to her at church on Sunday and she just gave me the biggest grins. Hey Lily, can you talk to Xavier and let him know that the nursery at church is pretty cool?