Monday, September 22, 2008

Five Months

It is pretty hard to imagine another month has passed for me. Five months old. Still cute as can be.















Last week was a good week for me. A week ago, I got to hang out with the guys. Mom was busy at home, so Dad took me over to see Jeff & Rix. I wore my personalized Cardinals gear to try and fit in with guys time but I pretty much slept the whole time. Even though the Cards are out of it for this year, Dad is teaching me to be a good fan. He stayed with them through the bad years that were most of the 1990s, so I can do the same when they have a bad month.














Last week was a bit unique for me. Grammy was out of town so I had an extra day downtown with Grandma Patty. Dad took me down there on his way to work on Monday and Tuesday. Even with me being outside my home, I was still able to get some good rest in. I took an almost three-hour nap after lunch. Dad came by to get me and Mom got home just in time to say goodnight to me. Tuesday was more of the same. I had a good day downtown. Dad actually came down to see me for lunch. Unfortunately, his showing up didn’t completely align with my schedule, and he got about 5-10 minutes with me before he had to put me down for a nap. So, instead of some joyous time with me, he got to see me scream my head off when I was laid down for a nap. (Now, it is not that bad as I am still acting angelic with my sleeping habits and after two minutes of screaming, I was passed out asleep.) I had a good afternoon, then Mom came to pick me up.

Wednesday I got a bit of a normal day at home. Mom had some work to do for Bless Your Heart at home. So, I stayed home, got a good nap in during the morning, and then went with Mom over to Pepar’s house around lunchtime. They did some furniture work for the store, while I hung out. That night, I was over with Mom & Dad to community group, so I didn’t get to bed until after 9:30. Thursday was pretty much a repeat of Wednesday. Instead of group that night, we met for a birthday party for Kris (Wimberley and Hadessa’s dad) at a pizza place in Leon Springs. So, Mom got the joyous task of getting to put me in my car seat and drive me home for over 30 minutes while I was screaming. (I’ve taken to not liking being in the car seat when I am tired.)

On Friday, I stayed around the house with Mom in the morning, nothing too exciting. She dressed me up a bit (big shock!). Bless Your Heart got recently selected for an interview with “San Antonio Women” magazine under the theme, ‘Women Owned, Family Owned Businesses’. So, I was up there, being that I am a woman (or soon will be) and part of the family. That evening we headed downtown as Dad’s cousin Steven and Michelle were in town with Sean & Maddie (and the future little one). They had been displaced by Hurricane Ike and were ready for a break from College Station. Again, another late night, but I got to sleep in a bit on Saturday morning. Dad slept until almost 10 am. Then, we got up and had breakfast. Mom and Dad needed to run, so they did the run at the gym, so I got some time in the KidsZone. It was a bit more time than normal as they ran for 8 miles, so I was there from about 11:45 until almost 1:15. I was good as always. We came home and hung out around the house. Dad had to run some errands during one nap, and then Mom left a bit later for some errands of her own. I got all dressed up to watch the Aggies game. They got us all excited with a touchdown on their very first play, but then they stunk it up as usual. Maybe, they'll be good by the time I am in school there in 2026. At least for now, I have Chase Daniel and Missouri who are winning. I needed another nap so we couldn’t go out to eat, so we stayed around and had some Chinese food and watched a movie.














I stole the show on Sunday with my blue outfit. Blue is Dad’s color and I don’t wear it too much. But, with Grammy out of town visiting Chicago with Aunt Kate, Mom felt this was an appropriate outfit for today. I don’t mind saying that I looked really cute. Mom even let me stay out of the nursery and be in big church for a bit today. I got fussy around communion time, so I spent the last half of service in the nursery. I started to get in the habit on Sundays of having to miss my Sunday morning nap, so I got fussy towards the end of our time there. I started to cry and Mom put me in my car seat in the car. I pretty much was laid down in there, and almost instantly closed my eyes and was asleep. Mom & Dad wanted me to sleep so they just laid my car seat in the house when we came home.






















Later, I sat down and watched “Cindarella” while Dad read the newspaper. We all took a nap mid-afternoon (I only slept for like 45 minutes, so Dad didn’t get a long nap). We played dress-up some; this time, Dad approved of Mom’s dressing me up (you’ll find out later what that means). Then, it was on to the airport to get Grammy after her vacation week. We met with Pepar and Aunt Rachel at SoLuna for dinner after that. Then, I came back home, played a bit with mama and then took a bath and went to bed.

Dad stayed up later to watch the finale of Yankee Stadium, closing after 85 years. A couple of interesting points Dad told me about. First, there was a total attendance of 151,959,005 over the years to see the Yankees there. Dad, Grandma, Grandpa, Uncles Andy & Jay got to be 5 of those attendees back in 1994. It was interesting to see that of all the facts they mentioned about the Stadium, one fact was not entirely unique to Yankee Stadium. The Yankees were the first team to win a World Series in their stadium during its first season in 1924….that is, until the 2006 Cardinals and Busch Stadium #3. Even with the Cards not going on this year, we can’t feel too bad given the Yankees aren’t going either.

On Monday, I spent the day downtown again. I was in a good mood when I got there and got a really good nap in after lunch. Dad came to get me about 7:15 and then we headed home. I cried hard the last half of the trip home; I was hungry but he got me taken care of when I got home. He told me he had never seen me down a bottle as quickly as I did tonight, almost 9 ounces. I got to see Mom for about five months before being put down for bed. Mom & Dad said they stayed up to watch a classic season premiere of “How I Met Your Mother”. Ted made his new fiancĂ©e (whom he admitted he didn’t know very well) watch “Star Wars”. How can you marry someone who’s never seen Star Wars and may not like it? Stella said she couldn’t understand why there was a “bear” (aka. Chewie). Dad said he didn’t make Mom pass that test, but I’m not so sure, given that my first viewing of Star Wars, A New Hope, was when I was less than a day old.

No comments: