Tuesday, August 26, 2008

4 Months Old

Here is my blog update, for the past week; you can see that I was able to update this myself:















Well, I passed the big 4-month mark on Friday. I was not able to get in to see Dr. Rodriguez for my appointment, but Dad took me in yesterday, so we'll call that my 4-month measures. I checked in at 15 pounds, 7.5 ounces and 26 inches long. That puts me in at 78th percentile for weight and 91st for height. So, weight has dropped a few percentiles from last month but height is up. So, all in all, I'm progressing nicely.


I had a good week last week; it is always a good week when you can wear a crown. On Wednesday, Mom had to go in for a hair appointment, so I stayed at home with Grammy; we went to Community Group that evening. Thursday was a big day as I got to go over and meet my new friend, the newly born Hadessa (Wimberly's sister). That makes two little girls with that name whom I know (though one no longer lives here in San Antonio). On Friday, we had a girls day out shopping. I went with Mom, Aunt Rachel, Grammy, and Cherie (from the store) to breakfast at Magnolia House and then on to Boerne. Mom loves that place, so it was fun to be able to see it. I got to wear my butterfly outfit while out with the ladies.






















Saturday we had a lazy day at home in the morning. Dad made breakfast for us (or for mom, at least) and then went to the gym. We had people over in the evening, as Dad's work friends from KCI came over. I put on a pretty good show for them (although I couldn't keep my tiara on that we tried to have for my outfit) but I was a bit over-tired and there were a lot of people there, so I kinda had to stay close to Mom & Dad that night. But, I said my good-nights and headed off to bed. (There was no 'So Long, Farewell' song that I sang to everyone as I went up to bed, as the Von Trapp children did in 'Sound of Music', but I will work on that: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SwoPpqT9tSM).






















Sunday, I wore to church my blue dress (Mom is starting to allow me to expand beyond pink clothes) that Mrs. Sandy (from Dad's work) gave me. For the first time, I didn't sleep during the service, so Mom took me in and I spent about half the service in the nursery with my friends there. Mom went to the gym after church so I took a nap and then some friends came over.






















This week, I passed a few milestones in my development and what I spent my time doing. I started to have to wear bids this week. Having trouble controlling my saliva. Then, since I am now able to hold my head up consistently (see below), so I started to spend time in my Exersaucer. Dad had put it together the night after we got it at one of the showers before I was bornand we just now get to use it (6 months later).


































Finally, I got to sit in my chair. This let me also take a place on the couch right alongside Mom & Dad. It would be easy to just put it down for me in front of the TV but I don't think Mom & Dad will let me. They are already starting to regulate my TV time. Maybe, they need to regulate themselves first before moving on to me.......






2 comments:

Sylvia and Daniel said...

she's so dang cute!!!! she'll have a new boyfriend soon!!!!!

love y'all!

Anonymous said...

Lily is getting to be such a big girl. I love the new blog picture, she has real personality!