Mom and Dad tell me that "American Idol" has been kinda weird this year. Paula Abdul always has some pretty outlandish comments. Tonight was the first night of the big finale. We are all rooting for David Cook, but I think the other David will win. As they say on "The Soup", he'll be the most cuddly winner that the show has ever seen.
Anyway, I bring all this up to say that tonight, Paula outdid herself. After David Cook sang a great cover of the Collective Soul song, "World I Know", Paula told him: "There you are, standing in your truth." I am not even sure dad knows what that mean. She obviously meant something good by it, we just can't figure out what.
We had a good afternoon. I had my first shopping trip; Mom and Dad took me to Target. Mom told me that she especially likes that place, so I think it won't be the last time I am there. When I took a mid-afternoon nap, Mom & Dad slept some too. That evening, they headed out for dinner on the Riverwalk and Grammy and Pepar came over to watch me. I was really good for them. Grammy hasn't been over quite as often and for as long in the past week (she is letting Mom have some time on her own with me), so she was especially happy. Pepar was glad to see me as well and seems to be getting a bit more used to having me around.
Sunday, I went to church again. Mom & Dad are still getting used to the schedule of having to plan for me getting ready, them getting ready, getting a last feeding in, and then getting there by 9 am, so we were a bit late. But, I do have to say that it is pretty good that at least we are there so soon after me being born. I got to see Xavier while there, although I couldn't see Rix as he was a bit fussy during church and they left pretty quickly. That afternoon, I got to go out to another shopping excursion (Wal-Mart this time). I was pretty good in the evening and let mom & dad watch part of a movie before I demanded their attention some more.
Yesterday, Aunt Emily came down from Austin to see me. She was there right when I was born and she hadn't seen me since that first morning after. So, she was certainly glad to be down here and see me. She and Mom took me to the grocery store. Big couple of days, first time at Target, Wal-Mart, and HEB. Emily really loved holding me; she is trying to keep me modest and not tempt the baby boys too much by bringing me a bathing suit cover-up. They took turns holding me during dinner; dad was hungry as he had skipped lunch and ate 5 tacos for dinner. It was odd that Aunt Emily didn't have a camera with her, but that was probably for the best. First, she will definitely make up for that at a later time. Second, she and Mom would have probably conspired to dress me up in a lot of different outfits and shoot pictures of me if she had a camera. I know Aunt Emily can't wait for me to go up to Austin to visit her and meet my brother Norman's forsaken love kitty, Phoebe.
Today was a day of incredible news for me. Mom took me for a weight check. I had gained ONE FULL POUND in the past week!!!!!!!!!!!! I am up to 9 pounds and 7.1 ounces. Mom and Dad had been concerned for my weight, but hopefully it just a slow delay of the inevitable, and I am finally catching up a bit. That was just so great of news. I am really doing pretty good with the eating now; I know it is not the easiest on Mom but at least if it is a bit hard on her, we'd rather it be hard and me gaining weight than for it to be hard and me not to be gaining weight. Later that afternoon, I got my first tummy time. Mom said I enjoyed it because I was sleeping so peacefully. But, I'm not sure if I noticed; I was tired so if I were on my tummy or my back, I'd be sleeping.Tomorrow is another milestone day for me on the shopping front. Enough of the grocery stores and discount retail stops.......we go to the mall tomorrow (La Cantera)!!! Shopping with Grandma Patty and Aunt Bethany.
1 comment:
Gosh! She is so precious! Thanks for keeping up with the updates, it brightens my day!!! Can't wait to see her in person again soon!! Love you guys!!! Y'all are such great parents!
Post a Comment